I always put these gluten and dairy free banana muffins in individual sandwich bags and put in the freezer so we can pull out the night before for school snack.
My gluten and dairy free banana muffin recipe is again loaded with goodness because, why not add the good stuff If the kids don’t realise! #sneakyparenting
Like my smoothies, my gluten and dairy free banana muffins are a great vehicle to sneak some extra ingredients into and the kids are none the wiser. Here are my fave hidden ingredients:
This provide an extra source of high quality protein. Protein is the second most plentiful substance in the body (after water) and is needed in the growth and repair of every cell in the body. So why not add two tablespoons of this goodness to your muffins. Best thing about this brand is that it is completely flavorless, so it won’t affect the taste of your gluten free muffins. Find my fave brand here>>
I sometimes place about 5 brazil nuts in the mixer when making my muffins. They are one of the healthiest nuts available on the market, despite their high-fat content. The improve heart health, stimulate the digestive system, promote cell growth & repair, improve hormone function and boost the immune system (and these are only a few of the benefits!) Find my fave brand here>>
Ground Milk thistle is a natural herb that has awesome antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is commonly used to detoxify the body, especially the liver. It helps boost glutathione levels (called the mother of all antioxidants by Dr Mark Hyman), which is one of the most important molecule you need to stay healthy and prevent disease (1). I add 1 – 3 tsps into baked goods or smoothies. Find my fave brand here>>
- 5 oz of your favorite dairy free butter or ghee (if you can tolerate it)
- 12oz of bananas, carrots and any other vege or fruit you want to add (I suggest majority bananas and a little vege)
- 5 oz A grade maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 8oz of Gluten free flour (or you can make my own blend which I do)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. gluten free & corn free baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 oz rice milk
- 2 tsp. natural vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of collagen powder
- 1 tbsp. ground milk thistle
- Handful of dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease muffin tray with Ghee or line the tray with cupcake liners (white or fancy)
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to the muffin trays and sprinkle each muffin with some chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 mins.
- Allow to cool in trays for 30 minutes and then serve.
Now you can enjoy these tasty gluten and dairy free banana muffins and even make life easier by having ready to go snacks for the kids.
For more yummy recipes take a look at here