I have never been a big baker so I wanted to find a recipe for gluten free muesli bars that was simple and not too time consuming and I think I have found just that!
Now when you start baking, it is always hard to first build up your baking supply cupboard, but once you do, you will always have anything you need on hand. I found Thrive.com. It is a membership community that uses the power of direct buying to deliver the world’s best healthy food and natural products to our members at wholesale prices. Click on the join today button below to find out more.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or you can use honey or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats (I love Bob’s red mill GF oats)
- 1/3 cup GF flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup of any puffed rice
- 1 cup seed and nut trail mix roughly chopped ( I use pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and almonds).
- 1/2 cup cranberries, sultanas or other dried fruit roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 320F degrees;
- Line a rectangular slice tin with baking paper;
- Leave some paper hanging over the edge so that the bars will be easier to remove from the pan;
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and rice malt syrup on medium on the stove for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally;
- Add in the salt, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a large bowl;
- Add the oats, flour, coconut, seed and nut trail mix and dried fruit and stir well until all ingredients are full covered;
- Add the puffed rice and cacao nibs and gently mix together;
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan;
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown;
- Cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into bars.
I totally hope you enjoy these as much as my family does. One thing important to note….these will disappear quickly so be sure to put some aside for you to enjoy!