Now every blog that I post I always think….. what can this do to heal our kids, so for this I just wanted to say…..
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates
The foods that we eat on a day to day basis play a critical role in our health, wellness, controlling inflammation levels, balancing blood sugar, aiding in digestion to process and eliminate waste, and that is only just the start.
My fave recipe is below but if you don’t have time to make your own, following is my fave brand to buy – https://amzn.to/2LhyWIE
Chickpeas have a huge range of health benefits:
- They are packed with protein, vitamins and minerals;
- They keep you fuller for longer (great for my kids as they are always hungry!);
- They aid in digestion as they are high in fiber;
- They even control bloody sugar (great for my son when he gets HANGRY!!).
|Vitamins||%DV (per serving)|
|Minerals||%DV (per serving)|
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed;
- 2 teaspoons olive oil;
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (can add pepper or paprika for a slightly spicy taste if desired).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F;
- Spread chickpeas in a baking dish and pat dry with a paper towel, ensuring they are really dry;
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, turn chickpeas half way through;
- At 22 minutes, remove and toss with olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Return to the baking dish;
- Continue baking chickpeas for another 20 minutes, stirring halfway through again until they are golden and dry on the outside.
NB: Some ovens are hotter than others. They might benefit from being tossed more often on a slightly lower heat for longer.
For more healthy recipes be sure to check out my recipe page here>>