Struggling with what to make for dinner?
Not enough time on your hands?
I find myself facing these challenges every day of the week!
Roasting a whole chicken in the oven is so simple and doesn’t require much thought at all.
The humble roast chicken provides a large amount of nutrition as follows:
- great supply of protein
- essential vitamins – C, B6, B12, A, D, E, K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and folate
- minerals – calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc
Simple Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 – 3 lb roasting organic chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees;
- 2. Place the whole chicken into a medium sized baking pan;
- 3. Rub the whole chicken with olive oil;
- 4. In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and paprika, then sprinkle evenly over chicken;
- 5. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes;
- 6. Lower the oven to 400 degrees and continue baking for 40 – 50 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear;
- 7. Let the chicken rest in it’s juices for at least 10 minutes before carving.
For more healthy recipes be sure to check out my recipe page here>>